Arun Thomas wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> The JSP specification gives a fairly good functionaly description of how JSP
> pages can be used.
>
> Is there, however, any documentation that specifies the structure of the
> servlet that is generated from the JSP page?
> I'm looking for something in the nature of a JavaDoc that will
> describe the standard methods and objects made available in JSP servlets
> that are above and beyond the standard servlet API.
>
> For example, I've noticed that a lot of the JSP engines use an
> object JspException to store exceptions that occur in JSPs.  It's not clear
> to me, however, if this is required by a standard, or just happens to be
> common practice in the world of
> engine providers.
>
> (I assume there is some documentation out there for this stuff, but I would
> be just as happy to KNOW for sure that there isn't.)

JSPException is part of the JSP spec, and described in section 6 as well as
in the JavaDocs. Appendix B of the JSP 1.1 spec also shows a possible structure
for the JSP Page Implementation class, but vendors are free to come up with
more efficient implementations.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com