From: Dennis Huang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2000 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: My boss needs convincing.

Ask him to visit Shockwave.com
http://www.shockwave.com/bin/shockwave/main/frame_set.jsp
<http://www.shockwave.com/bin/shockwave/main/frame_set.jsp>  They use JSP
there and not slow.

Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd L. Poole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2000 3:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: My boss needs convincing.

My boss seems to have the "software engineer" background and is continuously
critical about web technology that I work with. I develop web application
using ASP and a database alone. I am not using any of my own components.

Since I am learning java, I am finding it easier to understand and more
logical than Microsoft's programming languages. I would like to expand into
using JSP, Servlets, and Beans, but my boss still thinks Java is slow and
not as efficient as CGI programs written in C. I think he is full of it and
I would like to go back to him with proven results from other people using
this technology in a situation where load balancing is an issue.

Until I am writing machine code - I will never please this guy, but I would
like to prove him wrong just once with this.

If you have any input, please share!

Bored editing HTML pages....

Todd