Since you ask, Gary.....

If you really must have an HTML editor I would look at Dreamweaver. *But*
let's face it: HTML is not difficult and unless you really cannot live
without GUIs then I suggest that a text editor is just as good and there are
many that are free to download - Ultraedit being my favourite.

The problem with HTML editors - as with all IDEs [Integrated Development
Environments] and I've seen my fair share - is that they encourage people to
be lazy and not to learn how to do things properly. There is a real risk if
you don't understand HTML source and you want to start incorporating JSP,
PHP, JavaScript etc. that you'll find it a real struggle if you're used to
using an editor. These are things which are beyond the scope of many editors
and the ones that do it generally do it badly.

The same is also true of Java. You don't need expensive tools like JBuilder
or VisualCafe to write in Java. A simple text editor and the JDK will do you
just fine. In my experience it is often the case that the most experienced
programmers are the ones who steer clear of IDEs  and that these tools are
generally the preserve of more inexperienced programmers who (wrongly)
believe that such tools will diminish the learning curve.

So there you are, Gary. I hope you have discovered that there are no
deficiencies in my mastery of the English language and I stick by original
comment. Pithiness, in email, I consider a virtue.

J.