HTML files become JSP files just by changing the extension to .jsp and using
a JSP engine, but I assume it is more efficient to use the .jsp extension
only when exploiting JSP advantages.  Is this true?  Within a single web
site it would seem to make sense to have both types of pages present on the
site.  So, the question I have is does it ever make sense to use the .jsp
extension on all pages within a site?  At least on Microsoft's site, it
seems that almost all pages are ASP files, even when an HTML file would
probably work fine.  Similarly, what do I gain or give up by making all
pages JSP files?

Thanks,
Steve