I think it is perfectly fine to use HTML and JSP. JSP I believe would
require a slight bit more delay because it is processed by the JSP engine.
Thus a request to a JSP page goes to the server, then to the servlet/JSP
engine. The first time..it is compiled. After that..its processed on the
server each time it is requested. I am not certain, but I believe HTML pages
are just returned directly. The web browser handles the actual html parsing.
So in this case, I would say use HTML for static pages. I use JSP for every
page because I display a specific header and footer on every page that is
built with java scriplet code for conditional situations, etc. But we do
have some html pages only.