Uwe:
>> 1. Where did you read that the JRun 3.0 taglib is not freely
>> available?
>
>Well, JRun is not licensed under the LGPL.
>I did not found the actual license yet.
>The only hint I've got is from JRun taglib description:
>
> "This manual, as well as the software described in it,
> is furnished under license and may be used or copied
> only in accordance with the terms of such license."
>
>Is it allowed to redistribute the jruntag.jar file
>within own web-application?

Scott:
That's a good question.  I'm not sure what the plans are for this, but I'll
find out.

Uwe:
>> 2. It can be downloaded separately from the beta site as taglib.zip, or
as
>> part of the full JRun RC1 dist.
>
>taglib.zip contains only the documentation (pdf file).
>So I have to download whole JRun to get the taglib.

Scott:
Sorry, you're right.  I didn't realize the zip file only had the doc.  In
the near future, the jruntaglib _will_ be available for download from our
JRun Devcenter <http://www.allaire.com/developer/jrunreferencedesk/>.

Uwe:
>How about to put JRun Taglib under LGPL or/and working together
>with jakarta project?
>
>Well, Simeon Simeonov from Allaire has endorsed the JSR-000052
>"A Standard Tag Library for JavaServer Pages".
>May be a standard tag lib will be defined and available in near
>future.

Scott:
Allaire is working with Sun and other participants to define a standard tag
library.  If you look at the docs for the JRun taglib, you'll see it clearly
stated that one of the main goals of the taglib is portability -- portable
to other JSP containers as much as to other platforms.

>Regards
>Uwe

Ciao,
Scott