Hello ,
Can anyone help me with either of my following questions?
highly appreciate with any help.

Question 1:  *** regarding context mapping*******

I tried to run the examples come with Tomcat in the examples context , root
context and test context (which are already mapped in the server.xml), then
I created another new context in the server.xml following the syntext of
examples context and put one servlet in the Web-inf/classes folder under the
new context, but when I invoke this servlet, the browser show error 'page
could not found'. Does someone know why? do I need do more configure other
than the server.xml to map a new context?

Qustion 2: **** regarding resourceBundle  ******
one servlet example in the tomcat such as SessionExample.java , it's using
resourceBundle to get bundle from LocalStrings.property file.
the source code has one statement like :
ResourceBundle rb = ResourceBundle.getBundle("LocalStrings");
the example works fine in example context itself, but if I copy the
SessionExample.class & the LocalStrings.property files to another context
say the test context coming with Tomcat package, the program won't work. I
double the problem could be at the resourceBundle.
but I already copied the property file together with the servlet class.

anyone know why?

Question 3:  **** regarding tomcat install & set up *****

after I download and install the jakarta-tomcat.zip file,
I started the server by invoking the startup batch file,
the server is up and I can run above examples as well,
but when I try to shutdown the server by invoking shutdown batch file, I got
error on the command line ' bad file name or command', the server won't
stop.

Can someone give me a hint? I did not do any configure on the startup or
shutdown batch file. do I need to? some instructions say ' set
TOMCAT_HOME=.....', where should I set it? in the startup and shutdown batch
file?

thanks