Hello Krishnan,

Monday, August 07, 2000, 7:01:58 AM, you wrote:

K> Hi all,
K> I have installed apache 1.3.9 and tomcat 3.1. I am able to run the examples stored
under tomcat directory by both using the following url.

K> http://localhost/examples/servlet/helloWorld and
K> http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/helloWorld

K> Now, i created a new context called "kicha" and added that in the server.xml file.
Similarly, i created one folder called web-inf and created one file called web.xml
file. Now, i am able to run my
K> jsp and servlet by typing the following url.

K> http://localhost:8080/kicha/servlet/helloWorld  . But when i try the following url
K> http://localhost/kicha/servlet/helloWorld , i am getting error for both jsp and
servlets that "The requested URL /kicha/helloWorld.jsp was not found on this server".
K> Tomcat is able to run my program, where is apache is not able to do that.
K> Can you please tell me that where i am going wrong.

You must place whole path in package to your class or add <servlert>
section to web.xml in web-inf directory. For example:

1. whole path in URL
   you have class helloWorld in package your.own.package
   http://localhost:8080/kicha/servlet/your.own.package.helloWorld

2. add <servlet> section to web.xml:
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>
        helloWorld
    </servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
        your.own.package.helloWorld
    </servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  and use small url to servlet
  http://localhost:8080/kicha/servlet/helloWorld

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]