From: Robert Claeson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 05 August 2000 21:24
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Need help in deciding report generation tool !!

>Please see JReport Tools for Java from www.jinfonet.com.

These are all very interesting reporting tools.

I'm not the guy who posed the original question, but I was just about to
ask something similar so I figured I'd better see what replies would come
out of the first query.

Since I quite haven't found what I was looking for yet, I'd like to add to
the question:

Is there somebody who's aware of a good reporting product that can also
run on the client tier, in a normal Swing application (aside from being
able to deploy on the server), for reporting printing and previewing? I'm
actually thinking about something like Crystal Reports that can be
incorporated into most applications through their ActiveX or DLL API's and
be made to look as if it were an integrated part of the application. It's
just that I'd like something that's made for Java.

I'm not interested in giving the users the ability to design reports. I
just want them to be able to run predefined reports, preferably without
runtime fees when used on the client like this (just like Crystal Reports
does).

/Robert