I think you don't need an Apache if you have the
latest version of Tomcat. However, you could also
use Tomcat together with an Apache, it depends on
your needs.
Regarding on your question on how you could invoke
the index.jsp located in tomcat\webapps\myApp, you
need to add that directory in the server.xml. This
file is self expalanatory and I'm sure that you could
learn from it very easily. Then after you edit that
file, just append this to your url to browse you
jsp file. "/myApp/"
Hope this helps.