What do you mean by multiple vectors?
I have a program that uses a hashtable that stores a vector as objects.
Think of this as categories and items.
If I have a grocery store. I might have categories of
"Canned Foods", "Vegetables", "Meats".
And items inside of them
I have vectors for all the items under one category
so my vector for Canned Foods will look something like:

        Beans | Peaches | Corn

I have a hashtable to store these keyed by category name:

        Hashtable:
        Key             Value
        "Canned Food"   Vector( Beans | Peaches | Corn )
        "Vegetables"    Vector( Spinach | Broccoli | Tomato )
        "Meats"     Vector( Chicken | Veal | Pork )

        So my program would do something like: (Not complete and not tested)

        private Hashtable myStore;

        public void createStore()
        {
                //database code: not best way to do db code and not
complete!
                rCategories = stmt.execute("select category_name from
categories");
                while( rCategories.next() )
                {
                        String category = rCategories.getString(1);
                        Vector vItems = new Vector();
                        //database code: not best way to do db code and not
complete!
                        rItems = stmt.execute(
                                        "select item_name from items where
category_name='"+ category +"'");