Hello,

 > The wrox books are filled with information, but I have yet to see one
 > that completes the information they're trying to convey.

I agree with this. I've helped with a number of Wrox books and this is
usually the case. It always seems to be due to the *very* quick
development cycle and mixed group of authors.

 > Anyway that's the kind of book I look for.  Don't just give me
 > concepts, show me code, useful code I can use every day [...]

First off, I've read most of the JSP 1.1 and JSP 1.2 books (for
reviews). I have yet to get my hands on Hans' 2nd edition JSP title,
but, it will no doubtly be a good book(likely your best choice for JSP
1.2). Hans is true benefactor to the JSP community in both the quality
of his books and work he puts in with the specs.

As for good JSP books there is another you should keep an eye out for,
http://www.jspbook.com. Kevin Jones and I have been working very hard on
  a new title which will be released soon (it is waiting on the final
version of JSP 2.0 and Servlets 2.4). It covers the latest specs,
important topics like design patterns (including MVC and MVC w/Struts),
and provides useful code for just about all of the helpful Servlets,
JSP, and Filters out there. Of course it includes JSTL 1.0 :)

Anyhow, I don't mean to steal Hans' glory here, but, Addison Wesely has
given Kevin and me a lot of time and freedom to produce a good
Servlet/JSP book. If anyone is looking for a good up-to-date JSP book, I
think it will be well worth your time to keep an eye out for its release.

Cheers,

Jayson Falkner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]