I've just got a copy of Advanced JavaServer Pages and it does look very
good, but its not an introductory book for first timers.
Its intended for developers who already know the basics of jsp.

from the preface: "This book begins where most introductory books leave
off.....for most Java developers, this should be their second book that
covers servlets and JSP"

If you don't have much web java background Ganesh, you'd probably be better
moving up to this once you've got the basics.