Hello,
I am having a problem trying to figure out JSTL with connection pooling.
I am using Tomcat. I understand that <sql:setDataSource> can't handle
connection pooling.

        So I create a datasource the way I always do without JSTL (using
JNDI).
I'm having a problem passing that connection to <sql:query>
I don't know how to use variables in the tags.

        My datasource is called 'ds', but I don't know how to use it with
sql:query.

        pageScope.ds doesn't work.

        I'm a complete JSTL newbie and totally confused.

        Does anyone have any ideas?

        Below is the code

        thank you for the help!

        Troy Campano

        ------------------------- CODE HERE

        <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java"
import="java.sql.*,javax.sql.*,oracle.jdbc.pool.*,javax.naming.*,java.io.*"
%>

        <%@ taglib prefix="mt"
uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/mailer-1.0
<http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/mailer-1.0> " %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c"   uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core
<http://java.sun.com/jstl/core> " %>
<%@ taglib prefix="sql" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/sql
<http://java.sun.com/jstl/sql> " %>
Step 1: Starting Page<br>
Step 2: Creating a list of groups to get the report

        <%
Connection conn = null;
try
{
//**************************************************************************
***********************
// Request Connection from Connection Pool
//**************************************************************************
***********************
Context initContext = new InitialContext();
Context envContext  = (Context) initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");
DataSource ds = (DataSource) envContext.lookup("jdbc/ReportManagerPool");
conn = ds.getConnection();
//**************************************************************************
***********************
%>

        <sql:query dataSource="${pageScope.ds}" var="myresultset"
sql="SELECT table_name FROM all_tables" />

        <%
}
catch(SQLException e)
{