http://www.google.com <http://www.google.com/>

enter: MVC architecture

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 10 October 2002 1:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JSTL and Connection Pooling

Greetings:
What is MVC ?
Thanks,
Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official
business of Laconia Data Systems (LDS) is proprietary to the company. It is
confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. LDS does not own and
endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless
clearly stated as being that of LDS.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please
notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do
not read, disclose or use the content in any way.
LDS can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: JSTL and Connection Pooling
>Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:41:50 -0500
>Sender: A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and reference
>
>I have to interject one comment to this discussion thread. Make sure that
>you NEED to use an MVC architecture to complete the task at hand. I can't
>count the number of times I have seen the Model II (MVC) architecture used
>when it was overkill for the project at hand, and EJB's for that matter
>also. Small apps that have a short life cycle(less than 12-18 months),
>prototype applications (used to "feel out" the viability of a possibly
>project or technology, or to do a "song and dance" for the CEO, CIO
>management types), or applications that you know will very rarely be
>modified (such as support of manufacturing equipment/medical diagnostic
>equipment) do NOT necessarily need an MVC architecture. And keep in mind
>that using an MVC architecture does increase your development time AND your

>development cost, as the number of lines of code it takes to complete a
>"stage or segment" in an MVC architecture application can be up to 33% more

>than the lines of code it takes using the traditional Model I architecture.

>Examples of some of the types of applications I have worked on that did NOT

>need the overhead of a Model II architecture include an intranet
JSP/servlet
>front end to support an industrial printing manufacturing line, and a
>JSP/servlet GUI front end for medical diagnostic equipment. These types of
>apps usually have a long life span, but are very rarely modified over the
>life of the product, as they are much more dependent on the type of
hardware
>being used. Examples of applications that would probably require a LOT of
>modification/maintenance over the life of the product, and that you would
>want to consider using an Model II architecture include warehouse/product
>inventory applications, web ordering applications, transportation
>applications, and invoicing/billing applications. So make sure that you use

>the type of architecture necessary to get the job done AND that gives your
>client the "best bang" for their money.
>
>Just my 2 cents worth.
>
>Celeste Haseltine, PE
>MTL, Inc

  _____

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click
<http://g.msn.com/1HM1ENUS/c152??PI=44364>  Here