Data is in MS Access tables and yes we have the SELECT statement.
Users want to be able to sort just as though their in Access but on
a webpage.

Thanx,

Keith E. Kosmicki
Applications Consultant
State of IL Human Services
STL Technology Partners

>>> David Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/18/02 02:56PM >>>

Keith,

> What is the fastest and least memory hog way to go about this
> procedure?  Should the array be stored in a session variable that is
> closed once they are done looking at the information, as they may do
> numerous searches while in one session?  I want to give them the
> capability of doing a different type of sort from any results page
> that they may be on, as I am showing them only 25 results per page.

How are you filling the array? If it's using SQL you could do something
like:

SELECT FROM table WHERE [ condition clauses ] SORT BY table.field LIMIT
25

...also you might consider that session variables get stored somewhere
and if it's a large system with many users all storing your arrays,
albeit temporarily, you could have a space management issues.

DSL

--
I'm sure you'll see there's more to
 Martin Guerre than a name!