-----Mensaje original-----
De: A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and reference
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] En nombre de KEITH KOSMICKI
Enviado el: Lunes, 18 de Noviembre de 2002 18:16
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: Re: Array sort procedure using asp or jsp

Data is in MS Access tables and yes we have the SELECT statement. Users
want to be able to sort just as though their in Access but on a webpage.

Thanx,

Keith E. Kosmicki
Applications Consultant
State of IL Human Services
STL Technology Partners

>>> David Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/18/02 02:56PM >>>

Keith,

> What is the fastest and least memory hog way to go about this
> procedure?  Should the array be stored in a session variable that is
> closed once they are done looking at the information, as they may do
> numerous searches while in one session?  I want to give them the
> capability of doing a different type of sort from any results page
> that they may be on, as I am showing them only 25 results per page.

How are you filling the array? If it's using SQL you could do something
like:

SELECT FROM table WHERE [ condition clauses ] SORT BY table.field LIMIT
25

...also you might consider that session variables get stored somewhere
and if it's a large system with many users all storing your arrays,
albeit temporarily, you could have a space management issues.

DSL

--
I'm sure you'll see there's more to
 Martin Guerre than a name!

--
LinuxSA WWW: http://www.linuxsa.org.au/ IRC: #linuxsa on
JSP-INTEREST". For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set
JSP-INTEREST DIGEST". Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found
at: