Hi,
yes, you can do this . but be careful what will be the output from the jsp.
Foe example, the following code can be used to generate a
javascript(validating for the browser) from jsp.
Regards,
Partha
<script language=javascript>
                                                                var
defaulttext1="<input size=5 type=text name=txtIntRate
onBlur=\"validateCharge(this.value,this);\"";
                                                                var
defaulttext2=" id=txtIntRate value=<%if(sz.trim().equalsIgnoreCase("XXX"))

{out.print("20.5");

}

else

{out.print("10.0");

}
                                                                %>>";

if(document.all)

document.write(defaulttext1+"onclick=\"fn1();\""+defaulttext2);
                                                                else

document.write(defaulttext1+" onclick=\"return fn1();\" "+defaulttext2);

                                                                </script>