You can use the tags JSP wherever you need as it:

<script language=JavaScript>

//javascript sentences...

<%

// JSP sentences. See the tags starting and ending the JSP code

%>

// continue with JavaScript sentences

</script>

But, remember... JSP is executed at ServerSide. Actually, when the page
arrives to the browser, inside the JSP tags you will have the output (if
any) of the JSP code, but no JSP code will be executed at the client
(browser).

Hope this helps

Fran