Bob Arnott wrote:
I've got that tag at the top of every file. I'm just a bit confused as to
why the error page then embeds itself in the page where the include should
be and doesn't appear in it's own right. Anyone got any ideas why this is
happening...?

Because as soon as the main page has sent some content to the browser, before invoking the included page, there's no way to "take that content back" (i.e. do a redirect or forward to an error page).

If you use flush="true" in the <jsp:include> action, the solution may
be as simple as removing that attribute (if you use a JSP 1.2
container). But in general, try to make included pages "error free",
i.e. test runtime conditions vigorously, catch exceptions, etc. so
that even if something is not quite rigth, the page still produces a
valid result instead of throwing an exception. You can use JSTL to
test runtime conditions and catch exceptions without having to use
any Java code at all.

Hans

"Sanchez, Enrique (CORP, DDEMESIS)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and
reference <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
28/02/2003 15:38
Please respond to A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and
reference

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] cc: Subject: Re: Error pages

If you are including jsp with jsp:include element you need to put <%@ page errorPage="..."> tags on every file, including subpages. Otherwise, using the include directive it is not necessary.

Take a look at this link: http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/tutorial/doc/JSPIntro8.html