From: rachit mathur [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 11:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: jsse help

hello sir,
 i am very thankful to you for taking so much pains for me and providing me
with such valuable help.  i am not getting any problem with keytool now and
my .keystore file is now created. now i made changes in the server.xml file
as mentioned in the ssl how-to page of documentation. when i start tomcat
the window stays for 2-3 seconds and automatically closes.the server does
not start. where should i keep my .keystore file. sir, please tell me what
changes i have to make in my server.xml file and if possible could you send
me your working server.xml file. do i have to add some of the jar files in
tomcat installation in the classpath. i cant understand why my server has
stopped to work. the window closes so fast that i am not able to read what
error is coming. how can i get info on what error caused the server to not
start. please help sir, and if i have not explained my problem properly
please tell what more information should i send. i am using windows 98 se.
thanking you in advance yours sincerely rachit.

Richard Yee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Rachit,
I think this link will help you.

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?thread=165302&forum=17&message=509390

I think you have to edit the java.security file and either add this line:

security.provider.2=com.sun.rsajca.Provider

or these two lines

security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
security.provider.2=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider

Regards,

Richard

At 11:16 AM 8/3/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>hello,
> i have downloaded the jsse1.0.3_02. i wanted to use the keytool to
>provide the facility of https on my apache tomcat server. but when i
>write this on my command line, i get a error. C:\>keytool -genkey
>-alias tomcat -keyalg RSA Enter keystore password: changeit
>keytool error: KeyPairGenerator not available
>C:\>
>
>i have put the three jar files in the classpath.
>and also added the line
>security.provider.2=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
>in the java.security file.
>i am using jdk1.2.
>i would be grateful if you could guide me what to do.
>if you need more information on my problem please tell me. hoping a
>reply from you soon. thank you.
>rachit.

>JSP-INTEREST".
>For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST
DIGEST".