From: Lawson English [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 1:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [jug-discussion] new Mac questions

Do you absolutely need a laptop?

The new iMacs have very sweet features, and should handle the graphics
hardware requirements for Quartz Extreme as well.

If you only want a linux-style development box with a Mac interface, a
current ibook will probably work, but the interface will never be what you
call "snappy," or such is my impression.