True but even then weblogic had a much better community and documentation
base.
6 of one...

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hightower [mailto:rhightower@;learningpatterns.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [jug-discussion] [dec presentation] survey of O/R tools

John,

Yes. Resin EE has improved.

For that matter if you compare WebLogic 6.0 from that time period when you
were working with Resin CMP to the 7.0 release of WebLogic you would
notice that WebLogic has improved too.

WebLogic works really well now. It had problems back then too.

It takes a few releases to get the kinks out.

WebLogic 6.1 does not fully implement EJB CMP 2.0.
WebLogic 7.0 does.

> I would add to your list.
>
> Is it well documented?
> Is it easy to configure?
> Does it have community support? (more people that use it, more bugs get
> found and fixed)
> Can you get other support?
> Can you find info on it and best practices with it (with books,
> articles, etc.)?
> Can you hire someone off the street who can do it?
> Is it a standard?
> Does it have XDoclet support?
>
> Do these questions refer to the difference between EJB CMR/P and OR
> Tools? If so then my biggest issue is the container dependent
> implementations of J2EE.  As I remember Resin was been pretty horrific
> in regards to many of these questions.  Weblogic is WAY better, but
> costs a lot of $$.
> Has Resin improved in relation to:
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> and 6?
>

>>> I would like to offer a presentation for December's topic covering
>>> Object-Relational mapping tools.
>>
>> An emphatic +1 :-)
>>
>>> Some of the tools I would be reviewing will be:
>>> Castor (castor.exolab.org)
>>> Hibernate (http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/)
>>> Torque (jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque)
>>> OJB (jakarta.apache.org/ojb)