Chad Woolley wrote:

Does anyone know how to prevent the Ant propertyfile task from randomly rearranging your property file and whacking all the comments?

rm -fr $ANT_HOME

Or alternately, some simple ant/maven based solution that just lets you append a new property to the end of a file? I tried the replaceregexp task, but I'm not good enough with regexp to know how to append to the EOF.

I wouldn't have been a bastard with the above reply unless I had some solution :-)

I have an ant task that writes a property file based on a prefix. The source is attached, as well as the taskdef jar. Since this might not be 100% what you want you can adapt this as a quick start rather than having to start from scratch.

here's how to use the task:

   <taskdef resource="org/ognl/ant/taskdefs/ognl-ant.properties">
       <classpath>
           <pathelement location="${system.lib}/ognl-ant-0.0.2.jar"/>
       </classpath>
   </taskdef>

Example usage where I want to dump all the properties with the prefix "hibernate":

<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="${database.driver}"/>
<property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="${database.url}"/>
<property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="${database.username}"/>
<property name="hibernate.connection.password" value="${database.password}"/>
<property name="hibernate.default_schema" value="${database.schema}"/>
<property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="${database.show_sql}"/>

<mkdir dir="${output.properties}"/>
<propertydump comment="Hibernate database configuration" file="${output.properties}/hibernate.properties" prefix="hibernate."/>

I know I could write a program/task/plugin to do this, but I can't believe there's nothing out there that I could make work out of the box with a little tweaking...

I don't believe so. I looked around also.

- Drew

--
< Drew Davidson | OGNL Technology >