2009/5/28 abangkis <abang...@gmail.com>:
> ---> isn't this a little bit contradictory ?
>
> Kalau programmer hanya ingin belajar bahasa sesedikit mungkin, lalu
> bahasa apa yang paling memungkinkan mereka untuk hal ini ? So far its
> java, or you dare to propose another language that can be used on
> front end, middle end and back end that can work well on non
> homogeneous environment ?

Err. I don't dispute that Java is relevant. But, how does one
programmer know that Java is the best?
Plus, how could one appreciate Java or any other language if one don't
try the other language etcs?
Learning another language is good for an eye opener experience.

> Mungkin karena banyak language baru yang growth nya begitu cepat dan
> menjanjikan banyak hal baru, java jadi keliatan seperti the old guy in
> the block. Tapi itu juga permasalahannya, mereka baru menjajikan, not
> deliver yet :P with java it already delivered , the problem lies in
> how long it can keep evolving. So again, it still relevant.

It doesn't mean that it's proven/elegant for every single scenario.
Answer this question: Why javafx exists?
http://java.sun.com/javafx/1/tutorials/core/writingScripts/
Look at the syntax.. hmm.. that's not java isn't it. That looks like
javascript.. hmm..
what is this def, var, function?!!!
Sun.. you're the Java god, why doesn't javafx use java syntax?!!!

> Nice point from thomas though. Bagi kita-kita yang tech savvy ,
> kadang2 miss tentang marketing dan dukungan vendor. Padahal untuk end
> user untuk memilih solution, dua hal ini persentasenya bisa jauh lebih
> besar daripada how cool the technology is.

Well.. if it's a cool technology.. with a bit of luck. it will become
mainstream..
Ruby? Python? Scala?

Regards,
Edward Yakop