On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 7:19 PM, Andrew Wilkins
<andrew.wilk...@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Antonio Rosales
> <antonio.rosa...@canonical.com> wrote:
>>
>> Suggest we make an environments.yaml key value of say "apt-get-update"
>> set to a boolean with the default being "true". Existing charms are
>> timing out[0] when apt-get update is turned off due to stale apt-get
>> metadata. Users then can them make the choice, and we can make
>> suggestions in the docs as to what this key value means and how it can
>> improve performance especially in the developer scenario when the care
>> more about fast iterative deploys.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>

> I'm not suggesting we turn off update, just upgrade. We add repos
> (cloud-tools, ppa), so we need to update for juju's dependencies anyway. I
> don't think my proposal will affect charms.

Ah yes, sorry.  However, I would still suggest upgrade and update be
config parameter with the default being past behavior. On that note it
would also be nice to have a utility for Juju to pass on additional
user defined cloud-init config options.

-thanks,
Antonio

--