Thanks Horacio, it's very helpful to get this all in one place.
Adding my thoughts in line.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Horacio Duran
<horacio.du...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Here is a summary I made to help myself while following this discussion:
>
> Nate original suggestion:
> * Remove all-machines.log: Claiming it takes a lot of space and it is not a
> multi platform solution
>
> Tim, John, Aaaron, etc:
> * all-machines.log is required for debug-log
> * makes it big and it would be nice to rotate it.

We do not have the option of removing debug-log, and therefore there
must be a "central" repository of log data.   This need not live in a
text file on the state servers called all-machines.log but it must
exist.