On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Andrew Wilkins
<andrew.wilk...@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Eric Snow <eric.s...@canonical.com> wrote:
>> Why wouldn't you want go get to fetch from your clone by default?
>> Naturally master on origin should be match upstream, which may require
>> you to pull-upstream-push-origin.
>
> Why naturally? I don't use "master" in my fork of juju, I just use
> feature/bug branches.
> The "master" branch in my repo tracks upstream/master.

Agreed.  I don't commit anything to master either.  However, all my
branches are based on master (or another upstream branch), which I
expect is the case for everyone.  If local master isn't in sync with
upstream (regardless of what you call the remote) then I don't see how
there can be as much confidence that any "feature" branches are valid
for merging upstream.  Hence "naturally".  Sorry I was unclear or if I
misunderstood.

-eric