FWIW, this conversation has come up in the Go developer's
mailing list before. The decision was that either way is acceptable
in code, *but* that godoc turns a two space separator into a single space
separator with it format comments (that change was made as a result
of the conversation).

I suggest that we take our cue from the Go standard library in this respect.

If we really need to make a decision (I don't think we do), then I'd
suggest using godoc's output as the deciding factor and use a single
space.

So +0 from me.