On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 5:13 PM, David Cheney
<david.che...@canonical.com> wrote:
> To quote Butterick's
> http://practicaltypography.com/one-space-between-sentences.html

And to quote that same page:

"If you have to use a typewriter-style font, you can use two spaces
after sentences. Otherwise, don’t."

I use a mono-space font.

Furthermore, I disagree with the statement "In the second paragraph,
the extra spaces disrupt the balance of white space."  I find that
having each sentence be visually distinct to help with readability.
Apparently I'm not the only one.  From what I can tell, studies on the
matter are inconclusive. [1]

Regardless, I don't think it matters all that much, particularly since
(as Roger pointed out) godoc automatically converts to single-space
for you.  Like Nate, I think there are more significant things to
worry about, though perhaps not as controversial. :)

It seems like the overall consensus is to use single space.  If that
means it becomes a rule for our code then naturally I'll go along.
Otherwise I'd rather not bother.  To be honest, this all seems like a
waste of time.

-eric

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_spacing#Effects_on_readability_and_legibility