juju 1.23 adds the new restore, all written in Go and integrated into
core.  This is a great thing and the result of a lot of effort by
Horacio.  In discussions with him about it, there are two things that
came up that I wanted to bring up here.

First, the name "restore" is misleading.  It gives the impression of
capability that it does not actually provide.  I propose that we
rename it to "recover" in 1.23 and forward.

Second, I am now under the impression that after restore is complete,
the environment is left with instances on the provider that juju
should be cleaning up but isn't.  In the case of a single state
server, the old state server instance is left dead but still active.
In the case of HA, in addition to the state server that handles the
restore API request, the other state servers are also left in that
same situation.

So for a 3 server replicaset you are left with 3 instances that juju
is not using but that are still active on the provider side.  Users
may not realize they need to manually remove those instances to avoid
further costs (depending on the provider, I suppose).  Please explain
if I've misunderstood this or if juju has some other mechanism by
which such instances are cleaned up.  If I haven't missed something
then I think we need to fix restore to clean up those state machines.

-eric