I agree with Horacio, forget controller is good becsude it only does what
you expect, whereas failing to kill a controller but making it look like
success is bad.

Honestly, I think the problem is kill controller that should just go back
to being a flag on destroy controller.  Then we'd just have destroy and
forget.