There is work being done this cycle to switch from using storage from the
Provider to instead using our own internal storage. I don't know that the
work will be done for another few months, though. I believe Tim Penhey is
going to be leading up that work as part of exposing Resources for charms
to consume. I'm sure he'd be happy to coordinate with someone who wants to
work on moving us over to having storage internally.

John
=:->