On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tols...@selfip.ru>
wrote:

> > LXC has options for limiting resources, e.g. to set a limit on memory
> usage.
> > I don't *think* we expose this option in Juju at the moment.  One option
> you
> > have today is to deploy Juju into an LXC container that you create and
> > configure, and limit as you see fit.
>

> Problem not in lxc, problem in already written charms. For example
> wordpress - does it know free memory for own using? In case of mysql
> charm it has ability to set in persent memory for buffers and other
> stuff, wordpress does not have this. If juju expose some api/relations
> or other stuff to get already running juju services on current machine
> charm can recalculate memory for own use...

This sounds to me outside of Juju's purview, but perhaps I'm just not
getting your point. You can use whatever tools (e.g. /usr/bin/free) to
decide how to configure a service. This would likely involve modifying the
existing charms. If you can provide some specific examples of how Juju
might help, then we could consider how it might be extended to do so.

Cheers,
Andrew