Have you tried without ':master":

juju add-relation yarn-hdfs-master:resourcemanager spark-master

I think Spark master consumes the relationship but doesn't have to expose
its master relationship.

Rule of thumb, when a relation is non ambiguous on one of its ends, there
is no requirement to specify it when adding it.

Another option if this doesn't work is to use the GUI to create the
relation. It will give you a dropdown of available relationships between
entities.

Let me know how it goes,
Thx,
Sam