Thats only monitoring the host's ssh connection/heartbeat. If you want
application specific monitoring, you'll need the NRPE agent or to implement
it on the charm so it knows what to check.

It does the bare minimum by default which i believe to be: "is the host
still alive?"

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 9:33 AM Tim Van Steenburgh <
tim.van.steenbu...@canonical.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Tom Barber <t...@analytical-labs.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  I should be able to say "hey, I'm gonna install this new charm" and know
>> that I can hook it into our monitoring infrastructure without doing
>> anything too crazy.
>>

> Isn't this already true? After seeing this thread, I took a brand new
> charm that I wrote, for which I had not yet even thought about monitoring,
> deployed Nagios, related it to my charm, and sure enough, it Just Worked.
>

>> Its all well and good selling Juju to Developers like myself or CTO's by
>> the Ops guys have their "special ways" and making sure that charms fit into
>> those ways will be key to adoption.
>>
>> Tom
>> --------------
>>
>> Director Meteorite.bi - Saiku Analytics Founder
>> Tel: +44(0)5603641316
>>
>> (Thanks to the Saiku community we reached our Kickstart
>> <http://kickstarter.com/projects/2117053714/saiku-reporting-interactive-report-designer/>
>> goal, but you can always help by sponsoring the project
>> <http://www.meteorite.bi/products/saiku/sponsorship>)
>>
>> --

Juju Charmer
Canonical Group Ltd.