The main sticking point I've had so far is getting data from the radio in
realtime.  What I would like to do is start up a second thread to
constantly read data and store it into a buffer, but since Julia doesn't
have multithreading yet I suppose I'll need to travel down the
multiprocessing road; something I haven't really explored with Julia yet.
-E