Can't it be done with a pipe? What I mean is, use the radio API to get the
data and store in a pipe. In julia, the main process would read from the
pipe and run your algorithms on it. If necessary, it could hand the data to
another process.

I've done something similar to read data from a sound card in real time,
using sox and octave. Sox reads data from the sound card and sends it to a
pipe, which in turn is read by octave. Works great. You can use the same
idea to have bidirectional data.

-- mb