Thanks for the info. I've trying to come up with a type scheme. Say I
create some modulated symbols, then interpolate them with a nyquist filter,
then upsample and shift the signal with a mixer. It would be nice to know
the relative sample rate and center frequency of the signal, plus mod type.
But I can't quite see what makes sense until I actually start using the
code, which is why I haven't been typing everything yet. It sound like
you've given it a lot of thought.

Are you planning on open sourcing your code, or is it too specific to what
you're doing? If you are going to open source it I'd hate be writing
duplicate code, especially if you have better ideas. I just want a decent
comms framework so I can pitch Julia to my company as an alternative to
Matlab.