Actually, I called it pfit(); is that name also given?
I don't understand your signature because a polynomial will not be
provided, only data and a degree.

How can I see a list of function names in Julia, JuliaBase, ... and
packages on the METADATa list.
[As long as I really don't understand the namespace concept in Julia.]