On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Chris Foster <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think these last two points probably generalise to 1D, 2D and 3D data.
> IMO there's a case to be made for a simple default GUI with a capable
> camera model and control over data set visibility.  This would go a long
> way toward making interactive exploration of 3D data a joy rather than a
> chore.

Another point I forgot to mention: In my current system, shader uniform
parameters can be connected to GUI controls via a one-line annotation in
the shader source.  I've found this to be extremely useful for interactive
data exploration, since it allows you to change visualization parameters
with a simple swipe of the mouse rather than laboriously changing them as
numeric values.  Obviously it probably wouldn't work quite this way in
julia, but having an extremely easy way to add basic GUI controls would be
very useful.

~Chris