Hello again Uwe!

It's fun running into someone I know on a language geek forum :)  I'm
helping one of our bachelor's students implement an LQR controller on our
carousel in Freiburg.  It's an ugly hack, but I'm calling an octave script
to recompute the feedback gains online.  Octave wraps slicot, so if the
licenses are compatible, perhaps wrapping slicot is the way to go for some
functions, if the licenses are compatible.

Personally, I have a burning desire for a better language we can actually
do control in (rust?).  I doubt Julia qualifies due to the garbage
collection, but does anyone know if Julia has some sort of way to JIT Julia
expressions to code that does ~not have any garbage collection?  If so, is
there a way to export them as object files and link against them from C?
 Then you'd still have to write glue code in a systems language, but at
least the implementation of the controller wouldn't have to cross a
language boundary...

Cheers,
Andrew