more informations on kite control you can find in the following papers:

Fechner, U., & Schmehl, R. (2012). Design of a Distributed Kite Power
Control System. In Proceedings of the IEEE Multi - Conference on Systems
and Control (p. 800-806). October 3-5, 2012. Dubrovnik, Croatia.

http://www.kitepower.eu/images/stories/publications/fechner12b.pdf

U. Fechner and R. Schmehl, “Feed-Forward Control of Kite Power Systems,”
Journal of Physics, 2014.

http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/524/1/012081

Uwe Fechner