On Thursday, January 1, 2015 9:55:11 AM UTC+10, Ismael VC wrote:

> +1 to addering to the git flow, I had also allways expected for the master
> branch to be as stable and possible, while development happening in another
> branch, not the other way around and sometimes I've had to search for a
> past working commit in order to build julia, which strikes me as odd, as
> you guys really follow good development techniques.

Well, using master as the development branch is the Linux Kernal workflow,
so I doubt you can call it unusual.  It is also the approach mostly used in
the git book chapter
http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Distributed-Git-Distributed-Workflows.

Really experimental things are in feature branches which will eventually be
merged into master.

Stable is the release 0.3 branch.

When the first 0.4 RCs are made, a branch will be made for 0.4.

Cheers
Lex

PS thats as I understand the workflow as an outside observer, so consider
this the test to see how understandable Julia's workflow is.