On Thursday, January 1, 2015 11:44:53 AM UTC+10, Ismael VC wrote:

> I didn't know that fact about the Linux kernel, or how usual it is, I've
> just red the git book and it explains it like this:
>
> http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Branching-Branching-Workflows

And just under that diagram it says:

We will go into more detail about the various possible workflows for your
Git project in Chapter 5
<http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/ch05/_distributed_git>, so before you decide
which branching scheme your next project will use, be sure to read that
chapter.

Chapter 5 is more on distributed projects such as Julia (and Linux :).

Cheers
Lex