Hi,

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 3:36:48 PM UTC+1, Tim Holy wrote:

> Intel compilers won't help, because your julia code is being compiled by
> LLVM.

But I saw a discussion about using Intel's MKL for greater performance and
the Make.user options to use Intel compilers are meant to be supported by
Julia. Why if there is no advantage in using them?

> It's still hard to tell what's up from what you've shown us. When you run
> @time, does it allocate any memory? (You still have global variables in
> there,
> but maybe you made them const.)

I'm posting some numbers again in reply to Yuuki's mail.

> But you can save yourself two iterations through the arrays (i.e., more
> cache
> misses) by putting
>     T[i-1,j-1,k-1] += RHS[i-1,j-1,k-1]
> inside the first loop and discarding the second loop (except for cleaning
> up
> the edges). Fortran may be doing this automatically for you?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytope_model

I'm not sure if Fortran is doing that, but I certainly would not like to
implement those sort of low-level details in the code itself, since it
makes understanding the code quite more cumbersome...

(But Yuuki's mail gave me the trick. I reply to his mail below)

Thanks a lot (starting to get the feel for Julia...),
Ángel de Vicente