Hi everyone,

Some more details on NumFocus. When we joined NumFocus, Stefan joined their
board. In addition, 5 people represent the Julia project in the NumFocus
Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement  - Tim Holy, Steve Johnson, John Myles White,
Jeff, and myself. This will be the group that manages the Julia project
under the NumFocus foundation. Now that I think of it, this information
should probably go on julialang.org.

Thus, the governance structure for Julia as an open source project has been
formed to a large extent. When we have funds earmarked for Julia at
NumFocus, I imagine an executive structure also being put in place, where
we may have someone doing project management, fund raising, hiring, etc.,
and also hire a few full time developers. This requires some non-trivial
fundraising to bootstrap, and all ideas are welcome, and any help will be
appreciated.

The domain name is only the start. There are lots of other community
resources - Julialang accounts on Github, Travis-CI, Appveyor, and AWS, the
website, the whole JuliaCon, trademarks, logos and licensing terms, etc.
Our goal has always been to create an organization that outlives all of us,
and that Julia continues to exist and improve for time immemorial. Julia is
now reaching a stage where we need to start thinking of the long term -
which is why we outlined the three organizations to further the use of
Julia in different domains.

-viral