On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 3:14:22 AM UTC-4, Viral Shah wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Some more details on NumFocus. When we joined NumFocus, Stefan joined
> their board. In addition, 5 people represent the Julia project in the
> NumFocus Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement  - Tim Holy, Steve Johnson, John
> Myles White, Jeff, and myself. This will be the group that manages the
> Julia project under the NumFocus foundation. Now that I think of it, this
> information should probably go on julialang.org.
>
> Thus, the governance structure for Julia as an open source project has
> been formed to a large extent. When we have funds earmarked for Julia at
> NumFocus, I imagine an executive structure also being put in place, where
> we may have someone doing project management, fund raising, hiring, etc.,
> and also hire a few full time developers. This requires some non-trivial
> fundraising to bootstrap, and all ideas are welcome, and any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> The domain name is only the start. There are lots of other community
> resources - Julialang accounts on Github, Travis-CI, Appveyor, and AWS, the
> website, the whole JuliaCon, trademarks, logos and licensing terms, etc.
> Our goal has always been to create an organization that outlives all of us,
> and that Julia continues to exist and improve for time immemorial. Julia is
> now reaching a stage where we need to start thinking of the long term -
> which is why we outlined the three organizations to further the use of
> Julia in different domains.

OK, don’t know if anybody here watches HBO’s Silicon Valley... we need lots
of swag!  I’m hoping you’ll be selling neat Julia t-shirts etc. at JuliaCon
;-)
I want to have a t-shirt with the JuliaTM logo on one side, and “One
language to rule them all, and in the ??? bind them...”  (I’d thought of
“brightness”, as opposed to the One Ring’s “darkness”... not sure if that
is the best word... suggestions welcome ;-) )