> I am just wondering if the core language itself (syntax etc.) would change
> a lot in the future or not.

I think there is an important distinction to be made here:

- depending on the features you use, parts of your code will almost
certainly break from 0.3 -> 0.4 -> 0.5 -> .... As John said, these changes
are (a) usually beneficial overall, and (b) usually not tremendously hard
to adapt to (and will hopefully become easier over time as debugging tools
and things like Lint.jl mature)

- your mental model *mostly* shouldn't. Julia probably won't be dropping
garbage collection, adopting whitespace-denoted blocks, switching to
0-based indexing (don't ask...), adopting an Idris-level of strictness in
the type system, etc. Hopefully I don't eat my words, but this shouldn't be
like Rust 0.3 -> 1.0 where a similar-looking but remarkably changed
language emerged over the years [not meant as a criticism, btw: Rust's open
development process specifically, and overall community, are very
inspirational]