> I think there's a big differences between developing core features in
packages and shipping them with the default version and having optional
third party packages implementing core features.

Like what, exactly? If the complaint is about ease of installation of
packages, then that's a known and acknowledged bug (set of bugs) that
people are thinking about how to do a better job of. We could always use
more help making things better.

> The only thing I really would like to have
> included by default it plotting tools, because they are so essential for
a lot of things.

I don't think you're going to find a single plotting tool that satisfies
everyone, unfortunately. Not everyone likes grammar-of-graphics style
plotting, or dependencies on Tk or IPython/Jupyter or OpenGL or a web
browser to have a usable plotting package. Once we figure out the right way
to bundle packages and make larger distribution versions of Julia we can
include a few different choices.